Welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES~!

About Us:

We are students of a Modern Novels class in Southridge High School. And we will be commenting about the book, THE HUNGER GAMES. THE HUNGER GAMES is the 1st book to the trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Meeting #6 - Illustrator ch. 22-27


"I spread out my fingers, and the dark berries glisten in the sun. I give Peeta's hand one last squeeze as a signal, as a good-bye, and we begin counting. "One." Maybe I'm wrong. "Two." Maybe they don't care if we both die. "Three!" It's too late to change my mind. I lift my hand to my mouth, taking one last look at the world. The berries have just passed my lips when the trumpets begin to blare." pg. 345 ch 25
I chose this passage because I consider it to be one of the most meaningful moments in the book. It packs a punch, and completely changed the character's fate all in one moment.
What do you guys get from this image?
Do you feel like it's connected to the book?
Is this how you imagined this scene to look?
Do you think it was a good idea for Katniss to suggest the berries?
Sorry, I got lazy on the hands. xD Honestly, though, I don't think I could have picked a more challenging drawing. It took at least an hour longer than i'd originally intended it to. Dx I am really proud, though. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! I love how you depicted this scene with their hands held together, it makes it more suspenseful. In this picture, I get the feeling that these two are inseparable and they'll go through everything together to survive and prove the Capitol wrong. When I first read this, I imagined Peeta and Katniss gazing in front of each other and holding the deadly berries, but the way you drew it works too. :) I think it was a good idea for Katniss to suggest the berries because if she suggested the knife to the throat idea, it would probably be too late after hearing the trumpets.

    ReplyDelete