Welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES~!

About Us:

We are students of a Modern Novels class in Southridge High School. And we will be commenting about the book, THE HUNGER GAMES. THE HUNGER GAMES is the 1st book to the trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Independent Written Reflection

When I first picked up the hunger games I knew it was going to be amazing from all the great reviews people had given it. It seemed almost instantaneously that I got buried in the book, and at every moment I took time to read as much as I could. The story of life in the districts was interesting and made me appreciate the freedom that I have in America. I finished the book in 4 days while wrapped in my comforter with the book propped up on my knees till the sun rose. Every page was full of action with a clear image for you to form in your imagination. My favorite part is when Katniss drops the beehive on the careers because I was so amazed she figured ut a way to escape when it seemed hopeless. The only part I disliked about the book was how Katniss led Peeta on so much to the point where you just felt sorry for him. But I think that was part of trying to form the I have to say, some of the lit roles I actually enjoyed doing. Especially the illustrator and connector because I got to make my own personal connections to the novel. In a way I felt like the book held a lot of life lessons for me because I connected it to my life and my surroundings. Every moment was action packed and I don't think anything needed to be left out because everything had a deeper meaning. I'm already reading the next book because it leaves at such a big cliffhanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment