Welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES~!

About Us:

We are students of a Modern Novels class in Southridge High School. And we will be commenting about the book, THE HUNGER GAMES. THE HUNGER GAMES is the 1st book to the trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


Monday, February 7, 2011

Lit Role Illustrator Ch.18-21 02/07


"I sit back on my heels and look at him with a mixture of sadness and satisfaction. A stray berry stains his chin and I wipe it away. "Who can't lie, Peeta?" I say, even though he can't hear me." (277)


I wanted to show that Katniss is preoccupied with getting to the dinner party while Peeta can only think about the pain shooting up his leg. This for me is the most desperate part of the book where they both are on the brink of death.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic picture! I like the way you depicted how Peeta and Katniss can only rely on each other now for survival.
    I agree that this part of the book is desperate, but I think it wouldn't be the climax of the book. I think when Katniss learned that she could work with Peeta, I thought the tides began to change. I also really like how you showed how Peeta looks dead (it's a compliment ;)) and how Katniss is looking out for her partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable drawing <3
    That part in the book for me was one of those moments I just couldn't put it down xD I love events like that in books, where the characters have to rely on each other to survive through the hardest of tasks.

    ReplyDelete