Welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES~!

About Us:

We are students of a Modern Novels class in Southridge High School. And we will be commenting about the book, THE HUNGER GAMES. THE HUNGER GAMES is the 1st book to the trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Connector Ch.22-27 Meeting 6 02/09

The hunger games remind me of medieval times when everything was about survival and how strong your fortress is. The cave is Peeta and Katniss' fortress which Katniss disguises with leaves, like camouflaging an entrance to a castle. Most of all the fake romance between the two competitors reminds me of a movie I watched recently, the Godfather. Michael, the protagonist, convinces his ex-girlfriend that he still loves her so that he can gain political standings. Although I don't know if the relationship between Peeta and Katniss is truly all fake. The cave also reminds me a lot of the new movie Tangled, in which they get stuck in a cave that overfilling with water. Just like how Peeta and Katniss can't stay in that cave forever as their time is running out. Relating this to real life, foxgirl reminds me of those people that get out of their classes early to stand in the cafeteria line, I feel like that's cheating.

2 comments:

  1. Fox face's nature is kind of that of a cheater xD She's smart, though. I kind of think The Hunger Games is actually a good place for her because it has no rules, and she's obviously been cheating her whole life, and that takes brains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well to be frank, I never really liked Foxface >.> I have to admit she was really intelligent to make it so far in the game, and going solo is not the easiest thing either. I totally agree with the medieval connection with Peeta and Katniss. When I first read the romance, lovey-dovey part I thought it reminded me of a fake Romeo and Juliet.

    ReplyDelete