Welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES~!

About Us:

We are students of a Modern Novels class in Southridge High School. And we will be commenting about the book, THE HUNGER GAMES. THE HUNGER GAMES is the 1st book to the trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meeting #4 Illustrator Ch.14-17



"You can see the glint of excitement in her eyes. In this way, she's exactly the opposite of Prim, for whom adventures are an ordeal." (Collins 210)
The visual depicting Rue and Prim shows their "resemblance" in Katniss's perspective. The glint in Rue's eyes have a type of similarity between her and Prim Everdeen. Even though they are from two different districts they share this type of "purity" as a young child. Even if Rue did not remind Katniss of Prim, I think Katniss would still form an alliance with her because of Rue's kind heart and pureness. I selected this quote because first of all my favorite character is Rue and I like how her aura is actually different than from what people perceive; she knows more than what other people expect. Rue sees Katniss like an older sister, and because Rue is the eldest of six siblings she treats Katniss like an older sister she's never had before. The second reason why I chose this passage is because this quote shows how Katniss and Rue are becoming more trusting of each other.
QUESTIONS:
1. What does this illustration mean to you?
2. How do you think this illustration connects to the reading?

2 comments:

  1. This picture makes me feel like they are both fragile and innocent and shouldn't be put in something as horrible as the hunger games. I like how you really made their eyes fit with the phrase from the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how clearly you show the resemblance between Rue and Prim. I can see it in their faces :)
    I think this is probably the similarities Katniss sees in Prim and Rue as well.

    ReplyDelete