Welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES~!

About Us:

We are students of a Modern Novels class in Southridge High School. And we will be commenting about the book, THE HUNGER GAMES. THE HUNGER GAMES is the 1st book to the trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meeting #2 - Connector (Ch6-9)

At the very beginning of chapter 6, Katniss describes the elevator in the Training Center. It instantly reminded me of the Alaskan cruise I went on over the summer. It had glass elevators and my friends and I sat on the bottom floor where people could see us and we waved at the people riding up and down. Cinna reminds me of my gay hair stylist. Peeta's cake decorating skills remind me of myself in a way.. I actually considered cake decorating as a career, because it's really artistic. Katniss' display of her skill for the Gamemakers reminds me of many times where I do something drastic trying to get someone's attention, like standing in front of a TV, I hate being ignored.

Do you guys think you'd have done the same thing as Katniss did if you were in her situation, when she was being ignored by the gamemakers? Did you agree with Katniss, when she thought she was doomed after the incident? For some reason, I found her silly when she got depressed about it.

This activity has made me notice.. I don't really watch very many movies, tv, read books or listen to the radio.. I didn't find a single connection to something I've been exposed to before in these few chapters, only connections about my own life. I wonder if that's why I liked the book so much. :)

2 comments:

  1. yah I thought when Katniss cried for hours straight that she was kind of overreacting but maybe she really thouht she and her family were going to die. I like your personal connections and how you said the book relates a lot to your own life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it goes for most people that when you're ignored, you do something to get attention. I don't really know why, but when they feasted on all that food it reminded me of Willy Wonka and Chocolate Factory. All the contestants are tempted with all these delicious foods and then they're consecutively "punished" after falling into their temptation.
    Katniss has a very strong nature, but there are things that she's weak against as well, so I guess when she over reacted she probably broke down from all the pressure and stress she's receiving.

    ReplyDelete