Welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES~!

About Us:

We are students of a Modern Novels class in Southridge High School. And we will be commenting about the book, THE HUNGER GAMES. THE HUNGER GAMES is the 1st book to the trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lit Role: Connector 01/25 Ch.1-3

In this book when Katniss says "Leave the district. Run off. Live in the woods."(9) it reminds me a lot of people's lifes in the modern day world. People always try to escape from reality and make remarks of walking into the forest and leaving their materialistic lifestyle. This quote reminds me a lot of Into the Wild where he goes off to live in nature and fend for himself. This book's dark theme reminds me of the Movie Across the Universe when everything is defined by their social status when they just want to express themselves and not have to live every day thinking about the next meal to put on the table. Another big connection I made relates to America in the past. When they get randomly selected to play in the hunger games it reminded me of a significant thing the government would do during times of conflicts with other countries. Here's a clue to help you out, the famous slogan "I want YOU" Try and guess it!

3 comments:

  1. Correction* Gale said the quote from pg. 9

    Yeah, The Hunger Games remind me of being drafted into the army. To me, being in the army almost seems like a death sentence, although i realize that's not necessarily the case these days with as many jobs as the military offers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games remine me to the war in Vietnam where American citizens were drafted to the war without wanting to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There may be a possibility that Suzanne Collins purposely tried to relate it to real life especially war. And I totally agree with the slogan. Uncle Sam sort of reminds me of the capitol as a whole. Like the main figure.

    ReplyDelete